Gallup recently polled roughly 1.4 million employees to study the effects of employee engagement on performance outcomes. Here are the results.
How Employee Engagement Affects Performance
Business or work units that score in the top half of their organization in employee engagement have nearly double the odds of success (based on a composite of financial, customer, retention, safety, quality, shrinkage, and absenteeism metrics) when compared with those in the bottom half. Those at the 99th percentile have four times the success rate compared with those at the first percentile.
Employee engagement affects nine performance outcomes. Compared with bottom-quartile units, top-quartile units have:
– 37% lower absenteeism
– 25% lower turnover (in high-turnover organizations)
– 65% lower turnover (in low-turnover organizations)
– 28% less shrinkage
– 48% fewer safety incidents
– 41% fewer patient safety incidents
– 41% fewer quality incidents (defects)
– 10% higher customer metrics
– 21% higher productivity
– 22% higher profitability